Singing Bowl Granola Cookies
These healthy, hearty cookies are filled with nourishing whole grains, dried fruits, nuts and seeds. Breakfast, tea or coffee break, these wholesome cookies will sustain you for hours. You can use any variety of Singing Bowl Granola — we particularly like Morning Chorus in this recipe.
3 cups Singing Bowl Granola (Morning Chorus)
1 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar, agave nectar or maple syrup (or sweetener of your choice)
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup unbleached all purpose flour or whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
- Set oven rack in middle and preheat to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper (optional).
- Measure 3 cups Singing Bowl Granola into a large bowl. Break up any clumps with your fingers. Reserve 1/4 cup for garnish.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, eggs, sweetener and vanilla extract.
- In a medium size bowl, mix the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Stir the dry ingredients (including the granola) into the creamed butter mixture.
- Put the cookie dough into the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before baking.
- Roll cookie dough into about 1.5-ounce balls and flatten to 1/2”. Sprinkle the remaining Singing Bowl Granola to garnish. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
*Makes about 24 cookies The recipe can be easily doubled or halved.