Chia Chai Cookies
These are made with our Chia Chai Organic Porridge these are just the most scrumptious healthy cookie imaginable. They have to be strictly rationed in our house!
This is my adaptation of a standard Oatmeal Raisin Cookie, but there are no raisins as they have been judicially replaced by organic dark chocolate chips. I have also removed the vanilla so that the Chai Spice flavour can really stand out. The chia seeds add, not only nutritional value, but also a lovely crunch.
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1.5 cup unbleached all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp salt
2.5 cups Singing Bowl Granola Chia Chai Specialty Porridge
1 cup organic dark chocolate chips
Zest from one organic orange
- Set oven rack in middle and preheat to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper (optional).
- Melt the butter in a saucepan or microwave.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until the sugar is completely liquidized. Add eggs and orange zest and blend well.
- In a medium size bowl, mix the dry ingredients; flour, baking soda, salt, Singing Bowl Granola Chia Chai Specialty Porridge and chocolate chips.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the creamed butter mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Put the cookie dough into the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before baking.
- Roll cookie dough into about 1.5-ounce balls and flatten to ½ inch. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes about 30 cookies. I can highly recommend trying one while still warm (but not hot!). Allow to cool completely before storing in dry clean container.